- Climate Change
- DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE
Acquisitions and Disposals
SAP’s acquisition strategy complements existing applications and solutions with innovative technologies and capabilities while maintaining its track record of organic growth. We made the following acquisitions in 2011:
- In February, we acquired security software, identity and access management software, and development and consulting resources from SECUDE, a Swiss company. The acquisition enables us to provide secure client-server communications to customers without the need for third-party offerings. It underscores our commitment to investing in productproductDeliverable software unit that customers can view, install, and renew. security for our customers and users, and fulfills a key customer requirement by shipping SAP solutions with default security software.
- In September, we acquired Right Hemisphere, a leading provider of visual enterprisevisual enterpriseThe ability to visually communicate parts of the business helps maximize productivity, improve process efficiency and quality, and reduce cost and cycle time. Solutions that support the “visual enterprise” unify and synchronize product information from mu... solutions. The 3-D model-based visualization and communications technologies from Right Hemisphere enable visual navigation and interrogation of an entire productproductDeliverable software unit that customers can view, install, and renew. or asset and all of its associated data in one unified environment. The addition of visualization capabilities to our core productproductDeliverable software unit that customers can view, install, and renew. offerings will help customers across diverse industries accelerate time to market, increase people and asset productivity and improve information quality and processes across all lines of businesses.
- In November, we acquired Crossgate, a leading provider of hosted B2B integration services. Crossgate enables companies to fully integrate and network with trading partners, clients and suppliers, allowing electronic data exchange with any business partner regardless of its technical capability. As a result of this acquisition, we can provide an easy way for trading partners to collaborate, share data, and automate processes that link customers and suppliers for streamlined B2B e-commerce.
- In December, we announced our intention to acquire SuccessFactors, the market-leading provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions. Our cash tender offer was successfully completed on February 21, 2012. We have acquired more than 90% of the SuccessFactors ordinary shares. The acquisition will add SuccessFactors’ team and technology to SAP’s cloud assets, significantly boosting our momentum as a provider of cloud applications, platforms, and infrastructure. In combination, SAP and SuccessFactors will offer a full range of advanced end-to-end cloud and on-premise solutions for all key business processes.
In November, we sold 100% of our shareholding in Steeb Anwendungssysteme, Abstatt, to All for One Midmarket. Steeb Anwendungssysteme is one of the leading SAP system resellers in Germany, with approximately 1,000 customers – almost all in Germany.
Over the past 15 years, we have partnered with outstanding entrepreneurs worldwide to build industry-leading businesses. We seek to invest in innovative, fast-growing companies with a proven productproductDeliverable software unit that customers can view, install, and renew. and business model, and provide our portfolio companies with the expertise, relationships, geographic reach, and capital to help them grow their business and scale their revenues. We invest globally with a particular focus on emerging companies in Europe, India, and the United States, as well as in Brazil and China in the future.
In 2011, we made new investments in the following companies:
- Control4, based in Salt Lake City, Utah (United States), provides operating systems for the smart home, delivering intelligent control over consumer electronics products, appliances, and networking systems through an easy-to-use and intuitive software interface.
- Alteryx, based in Irvine, California (United States), provides an integrated, location business intelligence applications platform for delivering fast, extensible, and spatially-enabled business analyticsanalyticsData analysis typically generated in the form of reports and charts which can be used for business insight and decision making. tools and services.
- OpenX, based in Pasadena, California (United States), is a leading independent provider of digital advertising technology that enables businesses to manage and grow their online advertising revenue.
- JustDial, based in Mumbai, India, is the leading local search engine in India focused on providing consumers with immediate access to fast, reliable, and comprehensive information on businesses, products, and services across India.
- SAVO Group, based in Chicago, Illinois (United States), is a leading provider of cloud-based collaborative sales enablement solutions.
- One97 Communications, based in New Delhi, India, provides mobile value-added services to mobile operators, consumers, and enterprises in India including mobile content, advertising, and commerce services.
- Box.net, based in Palo Alto, California (United States), provides a secure content sharing and collaboration platform in the cloud.
- Lithium, based in Emeryville, California (United States), is a leading provider of cloud solutions that accelerate business through social customer experience for both customers and employees.